“The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness” – John Muir
Grab your hiking boots, backpack and water bottle and join the Liberty Hiking Club as we explore various trails in the local area. Below please find additional information and scheduled trips for the 2018-19 school year.
This club is open to students and their families.
For more information, please contact Max Nazarian at email@example.com.
Overview & Purpose
Our goal is to introduce students to the joys and experiences waiting in the great outdoors. Students will have the opportunity to encounter and explore several local hikes during the hiking club which will take place over the rest of the year. Hiking is an often overlooked form of physical activity that not only provides a physical challenge, but also provides a sense of exploration and wonder that is often lost during our daily immersion into modern technology.
Locations & Dates
- Takena Landing September 15th 10:00 am
- Jackson Frazier Wetland October 13th 10:00 am
- Dimple Hill November 17th 10:00 am
- William L. Finley Wildlife Refuge December 8th 10:00 am
- Peavy Arboretum January 12th 10:00 am
- Beazell Memorial Forest February 16th 10:00 am
- McDonald Forest- Oak Creek March 16th 10:00 am
- Chip Ross Park April 20th 10:00 am
- Bald Hill May 18th 10:00 am
- McDowell Creek Falls June 8th 10:00 am
Requirements for Luckiamute Landing
Parents and guardians are responsible for transportation. *Students must have a parent/guardian present on the hike.
- Bring water and appropriate shoes.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. (Bring a coat for winter hikes, etc.)