“The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness” – John Muir
Grab your hiking boots, backpack and water bottle and join the Liberty Hiking Club as we explore various trails in the local area. Below please find additional information and scheduled trips for the 2016-17 school year.
This club is open to students and their families.
For more information, please contact Max Nazarian at email@example.com.
Overview & Purpose
Our goal is to introduce students to the joys and experiences waiting in the great outdoors. Students will have the opportunity to encounter and explore several local hikes during the hiking club which will take place over the rest of the year. Hiking is an often overlooked form of physical activity that not only provides a physical challenge, but also provides a sense of exploration and wonder that is often lost during our daily immersion into modern technology.
Locations & Dates
- Luckiamute Landing October 1st 9:00am
- Bald Hill Trail November 5th 9:00am
- McDonald Forest December 3rd 9:00am
- Ankeny Wildlife Sanctuary January 7th 9:00am
- Peavy Arboretum February 4th 9:00am
- Beazell Memorial Forest March 4th 9:00am
- Takena Landing April 1st 9:00am
- McDowell Creek Falls May 6th 9:00am
- Silver Falls June 3rd 9:00am
Parents and guardians are responsible for transportation. *Students must have a parent/guardian present on the hike.
- Bring water and appropriate shoes.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. (Bring a coat for winter hikes, etc.)